What to do When You Do Not Have a Toothbrush Handy
In a perfect world, everyone would carry a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss with them in order to keep teeth clean and breath fresh while on the go. We know this is not always as easy as it sounds. The good news is, you do not have to let that spicy lunch resurface in the form of bad breath at your afternoon meeting just because you cannot carry a toothbrush around everywhere you go.
There are times when your mouth could really use some refreshing, and these dental tips can really help keep teeth clean and breath fresh in a pinch.
• Carry travel-sized products in your bag or briefcase to use while on the go. The Wisp™ mini brush comes pre-loaded with freshening toothpaste and can even fit into your wallet.
• Pack sugarless gum and mints to keep breath fresher and your mouth hydrated. A dry mouth can cause bad breath.
• Sip herbal tea. Many herbal teas contain antibacterial properties that can help keep your mouth cleaner and reduce oral bacteria.
• Rinse with salt water after a meal. Salt water also has antibacterial properties and can help keep your mouth clean and fresh in a pinch. No salt on the table at the restaurant? Plain water can also help remove food particles and debris if you rinse well.
• Chew on a couple of mint leaves or a sprig of parsley to freshen breath.
• Give teeth a quick wipe-down if they start feeling a little filmy in the afternoon. Use a wet paper towel or napkin to do the trick.
• Crunch on fresh veggies like carrot sticks, celery or even an apple. They will help remove plaque from tooth surfaces.
Keep your teeth clean and healthy all day, every day. Avoid foods that are known to cause bad breath, such as spicy meals, or dishes that have a lot of onion or garlic. Keep your mouth and body well-hydrated and reduce plaque and bacteria build up with these dental tips. Stay on track with your personal oral hygiene, and see your dentist every six months for a professional teeth cleaning and check-up.